So I’ve been nominated for a Liebster Award thanks to Bernadette at The Bumbling Bookworm, whose blog I adore and strongly recommend you check out 🙂 I was nominated quite a while ago and have been so slack – I have a bit of a backlog of these things I need to get through! I have also been nominated before but I can’t remember who by, I am so sorry!
The idea of the Liebster Award is the support and promotion of small blogs, as well as to find new blogs. The rules are as follows:
- Link & Thank the blogger who nominated you
- Answer the 11 questions your nominator gives you
- Tag 11 other bloggers who have 200 or less followers
- Ask the 11 bloggers you nominated 11 questions and let them know you nominated them!
Here it goes!
- When did you start blogging and why?
I started blogging in February of this year after doing a couple of years of Goodreads reviews and wanting to do it from my own platform. Haven’t looked back!
2. What book have you been wanting to read for a while but haven’t read yet?
Well the book that’s been on my Goodreads TBR the longest is Les Miserables so I guess that would be the one! But everytime I walk past another book I haven’t read, it’s just like “I want to read that!” despite the fact I know I will never get around to all of them…
3. Has a book ever made you want to travel somewhere, and if so where?
Books always make me want to travel! Most recently Reluctantly Charmed has made me want to travel to Ireland and This Shattered World makes me want to go to space!
4. How do you choose what book to read next: are you a mood reader or do you stick to a schedule?
I have a schedule, sort of. I stack my books in a pile, newest at the bottom and just work through them. But sometimes books slip through the cracks and end up higher to the top of the pile than they technically should.
5. Where is your favourite place to read?
I have a few – I love reading in bed when its cold out, I love reading outside when its warm, especially under my favourite tree in the yard and I kind of love to be reading when my boyfriend’s playing Xbox haha
6. Which do you prefer: reading the book before watching the movie adaptation, vice versa, or neither?
Book first, always!
7. What’s your favourite book cover?
I have so many I love, but I have narrowed it down to:
8. When was the last time a book made you cry?
Books are always making me cry! The last time was reading Will Grayson, Will Grayson (literally the last book I read) and I was really trying not to!
9. What was your favourite book and author as a child?
Jackie French was my favourite author, I loved all her books! I also loved Emily Rodda and of course J.K. Rowling.
10. Do you prefer to read e-books or physical books?
11. If you had to recommend one book for me to read, what would it be?
Laurinda by Alice Pung
Thanks again to Bernadette!
So I don’t want to presume, especially when not everyone displays follower numbers, who has more or less than 200 followers and besides I know this has been going around a while and quite a few blogs have already completed it. So I say if you wanna partake, please do! Don’t forget to link up with me in the comments. Here are your questions….
1. What book did you write your first review on?
2. What’s your favourite physical bookstore (not online)?
3. How do you decide if you should keep books or pass them on to new homes?
4. How do you organise your books?
5. Do you take notes for your reviews while reading?
6. What was the last book that really knocked you over, blew you away, made you stop and think?
7. Do you review everything you read?
8. Is there a book you thought you wouldn’t like and you ended up loving?
9. Has blogging changed the way you read?
10. Do you stick to your TBR when buying new books?
11. Is there a book to movie adaptation you refuse to see?